|Important Notice: New easement question answers from the Natural lands Trust.
See new link in the Due Diligence section below.
39.2± Acre Secluded – Wind in the Willows
Circa 1745 Farmhouse - Barn, Stream
Conservation Easement provides 3 dwellings
on 39.2± acres, Chester County, PA
621 Rock Raymond Road, Downingtown, PA
East Brandywine Township
Frontage also on Dowlin Forge Road
- 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 5 fireplaces
- Primarily Wooded - Approximately 5 to 7 Acres Open
- 6 minutes to Rt 30 bypass at Rt 282 - Enter the property from Rock Raymond Road
In 1974 Philip Tischler, the present owner of WIND IN THE WILLOWS left his profession as an Aeronautical Engineer in Washington, DC and moved his family to a secluded farm located in the wooded countryside of Chester County, Pennsylvania. There he and his wife Nancy, created a new lifestyle, living off the land and raising their 6 young children. When not in school the children were carrying out their assigned daily chores of working in the family’s organic vegetable garden, feeding and caring for a variety of their farm animals along with cutting firewood and learning to make repairs of all types. Occasionally one or more of them would slip away from their chores to play in the woods or by the stream on the property.
In 2004, consistent with the family’s lifestyle and love of nature they, along with East Brandywine Township and Natural Lands Trust created a 39.2+ acre conservation easement on the land of WIND IN THE WILLOWS never to be developed.
Now that all of six children have moved on, the Tischlers, in their senior years and their continued desire for seclusion, bought a small farm in upstate Pennsylvania where they will again raise farm animals and live off the land.
The Conservation Easement provides for 3 dwellings to be located on the property:
The existing main home, and the existing barn. A new home may be built in one of the two areas that are designated as lot A and lot B as shown on the conservation map and subject to the Natural Lands Trust Conservation Easement and East Brandywine Township subdivision and building regulations.
There are two sizable neighboring properties that adjoin the 39.2+ acre auction property that are owned by the Brandywine Conservancy.
Please refer to the Conservation Easement and Declaration of Restrictive Covenants posted below on this site.
- Farm House-2 ½ Story
- 5 original fire places 2 are working
- Living Room Circa 1745
- Dining Room area added Circa 1830
- Back wing of home added Circa 1930
- 5 bedrooms-3 baths
- Up-dated kitchen with granite counters and oversize refrigerator/ freezer
- Oil Fired – Hot Water heating
- Roof - year 2000 w/30 year warranty
- Buyer may want to update the home interior
Large Field Stone Barn
- Some conversion has been done
- Partial copper piping for radiant heat
- New dormers for additional lighting
- In ground pool – needs work
- Lumber Drying Kiln
- Organic- land without chemicals since 1974 - possibly longer
- Approx 5 to 7 acres could possibly be used for crops
- Approx 1000 Ft on Rock Raymond Rd and approx. 1000 Ft on Dowlin Forge Rd
- Living Room – 27’ x 18’
- Dining Room – 19’ x 11’
- Kitchen – 17’ x 12’
- Butler’s Pantry
- Master bedroom – 17’ x 14’
- Walk-up Attic
- Sewer: On-lot sewerage system
- Water: Onsite cistern system
Tax Parcel#: 30-06-0019-0000 - 39.2+ acres - House and Barn
Taxes: 2017 – Approximately $5400 County, School and Township
Due Diligence Links
*You will need to have Adobe Reader installed to view these PDF documents. Download Adobe Reader
If you have questions regarding the Conservation Easement you may contact:
Scott Piersol, East Brandywine Township Manager at 610-269-8230 extension 203
Ryan Walker, Natural Lands Trust at 610-353-5587 extension 401
Chester County: www.chesco.org
East Brandywine Township: www.ebrandywine.org
Downingtown School District: www.dasd.org
Settlement/Closing: January 3, 2018
Auction Held Rain or Shine
Auction held rain or shine. In the event of severe storms the auction may be postponed and will be rescheduled. An alternate date will be posted on the Traiman website
Check back to this location often for updates, revisions or changes.
- 10/26 - Page 12 has been added to the Conservation Easement update
- 10/26 - The Conservation Easement provides for 3 dwellings
- 10/26 - 2 Maps – Conservation Easement, and Property Map
- 11/1 - Easement Questions Answered added